We look forward to welcoming you to our space! You can find us at:
10 Tyler Street, Somerville, Massachusetts, 02143
Staffed Hours: 12pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday.
10am – 6pm Friday – Sunday.
Phone: (617) 284-6878 Fax: (617) 718-1641
During those time you can arrange for a tour, use a day pass, or sign up for classes, membership, and space rental. Follow this link for directions & parking information.
Note: The Asylum is closed to the public for Christmas, New Year’s, and the last week of August. During those times the facility is open to monthly members but the front desk will not be staffed. We also sometimes close for weather emergencies – check our front page for updates.
Due to the high volume of email inquiries the Asylum receives on a daily basis, please read through the following options to better facilitate a swift response to your inquiry from our available staff and volunteers! All of the following are @artisansasylum.com.
Want access to our tools, classes, and space?
- general-info@ For general information about our available programs, services, classes, and events
- space@ For all inquiries about studio and storage space rental
- facilities@ For inquiries about tools and equipment, including equipment donations
Want help with a project or idea?
- have-it-made@ For requests for custom paid design and fabrication work to be done by Artisan’s Asylum members. Goes to a distribution list of interested professionals.
- discuss@ For all technical inquiries and all “can you help me or teach me?” and “what do you guys think of this?” questions. Goes to a distribution list of members of the Artisan’s Asylum and our extended community of makers.
Want more information about us or how to get involved?
- press@ For all press and media inquiries
- donate@ For inquiries about donations and sponsorships
- teach@ For inquiries about teaching at Artisan’s Asylum
- jobs@ For inquiries about other available volunteer and paid positions
- executive@ For all special inquiries, contact the Executive Director directly here
If you’re an existing member, renter, student, or vendor, you also might want:
- member-services@ For questions about billing and changes to existing member accounts
- maintenance@ For reporting tools in need of repair, consumables in need of stocking, roof leaks and other maintenance issues
- cancellations@ For cancellations and refunds of class tickets, memberships, and rental space
- it@ For all inquiries about the Artisan’s Asylum IT and communications infrastructure
- ap@ For all communications with vendors