Join our Team as the Education Intern
Artisan’s Asylum is a 40,000 sq foot makerspace located in Somerville. With 15 shops, 160 studios and a membership base of over 200+ craftspeople, artisans, and creatives, the space offers multiple opportunities for the community to engage in learning possibilities through formal and informal education initiatives for adults and teens.
Artisan’s seeks an Education intern for class credit to work directly with the Education Manager on any of the following areas in addition to some core administrative tasks:
- General improvement to adult education offerings, including current offerings or helping to create new classes using learning-theory models in adult-ed.
- Work with a group of Instructors to help develop and/or implement 1-2 interdisciplinary classes that can be offered and assessed for the achievement of learning goals.
- Help to design Parent/Teen programming by identifying partner organizations, develop and distribute marketing material, and aid in general implementation of programming.
- Work with a group of Artisan’s Instructors and Somerville Public School teachers to design a project-based curriculum for either teachers or students.
- Work with an Instructor to design and market a project-based learning class to a specific group that fulfills a need in the community, address a social issue or helps a local group achieve a goal.
- Design and curate a course catalog and/or marketing brochures
- Design interactive pods around our facility to enhance informal learning for tour groups, visitors and programs coming into our space for offsite experiences
Currently, the Education Department serves 200+ adult learners in night and weekend programming each month across each of our shops. Artisan’s will be offering opportunities for professional development for teachers and family programming for local groups.
- Some teaching experience, or at least an interest in teaching, arts administration or curriculum design
- Knowledge of STEAM and 21st-century skills
- Design skills or ability to use online platforms for design
- Working knowledge of Word Press or web building platforms – position requires data input onto the website
Submit cover letter and resume to: Anne Wright, Education Director, firstname.lastname@example.org