Job: Production Assistants Wanted
Reports To: Jay Diengott, Production Manager
Job Overview: Artisan’s seeks motivated, energetic workers who want to help us make protective gowns for health workers this summer. This can be a full- or part-time work (18-40 hours per week). We can be flexible with the hours; afternoon workers are encouraged. Compensation starts at $15 per hour. We seek manual workers to be trained to make protective gowns in Lower Allston in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Most tasks involve standing, light assembly, some lifting, and light cleaning. A CORI background check is not required; we want anyone committed to our cause who needs good work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- • Work at various stations along an assembly production line to:
- – Layout, cut and seam (bond) fabric into gowns
- – Fold and place gowns into packaging and shipping boxes
- – Prepare box labeling, ensuring accuracy of contents
- • Clean assembly areas after shifts, to tidy and also sanitize work areas
- • No experience necessary, training will be provided.
- • Some tasks require familiarity with power tools (jigsaw, drill, serger)
- • Individuals may be asked to lift ~35 lbs (fabric rolls, finished packages of gowns); helpful but not necessary
- • Neatness and attention to detail is a must in working with PPE items
- • Ideal candidates will be prompt, dependable, and above all, respectful of and adherent to our Safety Policy and Procedures Guidelines
Accessibility Information: All production is done on the ground floor, with no steps to access the building or bathrooms. Seated working accomodation can be provided for some tasks. Other tasks may require bending and twisting or hand strength.
Our workers are required to wear protective clothing (mask and gown) while working on PPE, and keep their hair covered or restrained. Workstations are set up to allow approximately 6 feet between workers. Individuals will be asked to refrain from coming in to work if they have been exposed to Coronavirus, are suffering from severe allergies, or are not feeling well. Please review our Safety Policy and Procedures Guidelines.
Applicants, please complete our online application here:
Questions? Send them to:
Project Director, Artisan’s Asylum PPE Gowns Initiative