Come in from the cold with a Family Membership at Artisan’s Asylum
If your family is going stir crazy being cooped up at home during COVID, treat them to a Family Membership at Artisan’s Asylum. Your pod will enjoy unlimited access to the facility on a monthly basis including use of the computer lab, multipurpose room, and special pricing on DIY art and STEM project kits. Explore the studios, interact with the MezMirage art installation, or choose from an in-person class or workshop, all presented with strict COVID safety protocols in effect so your family can enjoy a safe and anxiety-free visit. All new memberships receive a FREE maker-kit for their first visit!
Maybe you just want to get the family out of the house for a few hours? Purchase a Family Day Pass and come see what all the buzz is about! Play games, take a scavenger hunt, or complete a maker project you purchase here or bring from home. Day passes are good for access to the facility during business hours (times vary), and offer the same great benefits as a Family Membership at pay-as-you-go prices. Our creative environment provides space for your family to stretch their imaginations by exploring hands-on STEAM concepts together in a safe and fun manner.
It’s easy to get started:
Purchase a membership: Visit our Family Membership page to purchase a one-month (or more) membership, or click here to purchase a day pass.
Family Membership Resources: Get exclusive access to our Family Resource Guide and select your FREE kit for your first visit. Resources include gameplay activities while in our facility, video resources, inspiration and more!
Take it Here: Choose from one of Artisan’s hands-on, in-person classes and workshops including:
· Anodizing Titanium – Create your own earrings or ornament in this 30 minute private session with Ilana Krepchin. Families will learn the basics of using electricity to color titanium—the process is fairly simple, but the results are impressive! Families will create up to 2 finished pieces perfect for holiday gift giving!
· Paint Your Own 3D Prints – In this holiday gift making workshop, families will put the finishing touches on a special gift idea. Choose from a variety of pre-printed 3D objects that were freshly printed here at Artisan’s Asylum just for you! You and your family will then sand, prep, paint and decorate the print to take home.
Build it Here: Purchase your kit online from one of our suggested vendors and build it together in our multipurpose room. Our classrooms have been zoned for your family’s safety – pick a zone and start building. Artisan’s staff will be available for assistance if you need help or inspiration.
· 3D Modeling Using TinkerCAD – Use our design lab to create 3D models using TinkerCAD and we will print and ship them to you. Select from a number of 3D designs curated for kids or make your own. Contact us to request your design to be 3D printed and shipped.
· Marker-bots Kit – Make your robot shake and draw at the same time.
· Craft and Art Kit – Let your imagination run wild. Paint, sculpt, draw or collage. This kit includes all the resources your family needs.
Contact us to order an Artisan’s kit.
· Electric Paint Circuit Kit or Lamp Kit – Make a miniature electric city or a working lamp from paper and circuits.
· ELEGOO Penguin Bot Biped Robot Kit – Build a colorful penguin robot that you can program to follow you around, avoid obstacles, dance or play music.
· Neopixel Mania – Use rings, strips, boards and sticks of pulsing, colorful miniature LEDs to build your own project then program it to glow or spin or flash as quickly, slowly or vibrantly as you want.
While you are at Artisan’s, don’t forget to visit our captivating MezMirage. This 20-foot tall interactive art installation lets you and your family change lights and colors in real-time as the piece is in motion.
This winter, there is no reason to hibernate at home. Trade-in those remote Zoom playdates for some safe, hands-on family fun. Bundle up and head to Artisan’s Asylum to explore, discover and nurture your “inner maker.”