This virtual course is for students who are interested in learning how to make prints without needing access to a printmaking studio and for those wanting the freedom to create prints at home. This is the perfect course for those of us exploring ways to create at home in times of COVID. We’ll set up our at-home printing studio; create a carving station, develop your lino carving and inking techniques, perfect the use of positive and negative space to evoke your visual message, play with tricks for variations on structuring color on your block, registering your block and pulling prints, and experiment with layering!
1. be guided through setting up a space at home as a ‘printing studio’
2. learn how to use different carving settings and an understanding of positive/negative space to carve a lino printing block design
3. learn how to properly ink their ink tray and block; using multi-sensory check system to make sure ink is ready
4. learn how to evaluate the block to make sure its inked properly
5. register block and paper for printing
6. create and pull a series
7. experiment with different ways to cut and arrange the block for color techniques
8. experiment with layering for effect
A supply list will be emailed out prior to the start of the class.
Dates & Online Access
Wednesdays from 6:45PM – 8:30PM; 9/16/20 – 10/7/20. These sessions will all run virtually and participants will receive a link to their online class session 24-48hrs before the start of the class.