This class is great for beginners interested in learning the basic characteristics and functions of the medium through step by step instructions. Students will be introduced to supplies, how to use and take care of supplies and best studio practices. The class is an introduction to the methods and applications of the primary textile construction technique of needle felting. Students will create their own artwork using this traditional skill.
This class will be held on the Artisan’s Asylum loading dock with access to large doors for fresh air and circulation. Safety protocols will be in place for this event: KN95, N95 or masks with filters must be worn at all times, stations will be >6ft apart.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
• Identify and define fibrous materials that are used in needle felting.
• Demonstrate and apply the needle felting technique into making a body of work.
• Develop critical thinking skills as they will learn the essence of viewing and critiquing art.
$5 materials fee. Materials will be provided for all participants. Please be sure to bring your fee with you on the day of the class.
Instructor: Ebla Hawi
The safety of our community, members, and instructors is our greatest priority. We ask all participants in this workshop to commit to a reduced level activity leading up to and during this workshop in our facility.
Students must wear a mask that complies with our updated safety policies. Mask must be a 3-ply surgical mask, KN95 disposable mask, N95 mask, or a tighly woven cloth mask with a filter insert. Students not wearing the appropriate masks will be asked to purchase one from our facility before joining the session.
When you arrive please be sure to:
– Wear an approved safety mask at all times
– Adhere to social distancing rules
– Be aware that this class has capacity limits to ensure your safety
– Limit your activities leading up to and during the class sessions so that you and your classmates stay safe
Artisan’s Asylum is closely following the guidelines set by the CDC and Massachusetts regarding COVID-19. Please reach out to us with any concerns or questions you may have.