An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Monday, repeating until September 7, 2020
Explore and practice the foundations for painting with water-based pigment. Learn how to choose quality materials, paint washes and glazes, control and use blooms, manage flow, use texture additives, understand transparencies, identify the science of light and pigment to control your medium, create color charts and apply color theory in context of watercolor paints, and more! Develop confidence and fluency in the medium while relaxing and enjoying the painting process.
Students will …
1. develop a strong foundation in working with water-pigment based paint.
2. to control and manage the flow of paint and water including paint-water ratios for effect.
3. to control, use, and avoid blooms
4. create a variety of washes and wet-on-wet techniques.
5. common additives to create textures.
6. about paint transparencies and saturation.
7. how create color charts and apply color theory in context of watercolor paints.
8. learn how to glaze.
9. develop confidence and fluency for more complex projects and courses
A supply list will be emailed out prior to the start of the class.
Dates & Online Access
Mondays from 7PM – 9PM; 8/10/20 – 9/7/20. These sessions will all run virtually and participants will receive a link to their online class session 24-48hrs before the start of the class.