This fiber arts class with heart introduces students to embossing braille characters to decorate clothing. If rocking a vintage hat is your jam and you want to try your hand at metal embossing with a historic slate & stylus, this is the perfect class for you. The class is taught by a full-time teacher at Perkins School for the Blind sharing a unique talent for creating unique and resourceful art using embossing techniques. Art is limitless and here is a chance for you to try it out.
– a basic history of Braille
– how to use a slate & stylus
– how to add a metal tag to a baseball cap
– a beginner lesson in metal embossing
The final product will be your own awesome baseball cap with a Brailled metal tag on it. The hat and information provided will be yours to keep.
– Baseball caps (a select few will be provided for an additional cost, but feel free to bring your own)
– Slate & stylus
– Embroidery thread and needles
– Basic history of Braille