Every year the Tuesday after Thanksgiving is #GivingTuesday – a reminder to support the institutions and services that you are thankful for.
The Artisan’s Asylum could not survive without the generous support of donors who understand the need to support the learning, teaching and practice of making. Donations support our Artisan’s Grant Program, our outreach work to support makerspace development globally and help us keep our services within reach of working artisans, craftsmen, artists and other makers.
Even given all this support we are for the first time seeing cost as a primary reason people can not make use of our offerings. So this Tuesday, I ask for your support in our mission. We are here to pave the roads in front of the creators, innovators, dreamers and makers who will turn their inspiration into a more vibrant, engaging and all around awesome world.
I ask you to think about the many ways in which you could support us on #GivingTuesday:
- Donations to the Artisan’s Asylum can be tax deductible
- Becoming a Friend of Artisan’s allows you to engage with our community socially and virtual through events and on-line resources
- Volunteer to give your time to make the place better
- Support retailers who will make a donation to Artisan’s Asylum:
- Use this Amazon link to send an extra percentage of your Amazon purchases to Artisan’s in addition to the smile.amazon.com program!
- Check out Humble Bundle great bundles on books, PC and mobile video games
- Make us a favorite on eBay and you can support us when you buy at auction and you can auction your cruft to benefit us!
- New users at Lyft app who enter payment code ARTISANS2016 will get $50 off rides and send $10 to us
More than any of those you can thank us by thanking each other and making something together.
I’m incredibly proud to play a role in building this community and I hope you are too!