Apply Now! Awesomenaut Volunteer Coordinator
The Awesomenaut Program Coordinator fulfills an important role at Artisan’s Asylum, supporting the Awesomenaut Program, our hands-on educational volunteer program. Awesomenauts are volunteer shop assistants who take on discrete maintenance projects within the Artisan’s Asylum facility for a limited period of time, typically 8-12 weeks.
The Awesomenaut Program is designed to provide volunteers at any age with an immersive learning experience in creativity and ‘making’ while supporting the organization’s needs for a clean, functional, and safe physical environment.
Working with the Facilities and Shop Operations Manager, with support from the Executive Director, staff, volunteers and general members, the Awesomenaut Coordinator will support the recruitment, onboarding, and weekly management of Awesomenauts.
This is a part-time position (5 hours per week) with the potential for growth.
Compensation is $20 per hour.Qualifications:
Responsibilities and Duties
Working under and reporting to the Facilities and Shop Operations Manager, with relative autonomy and latitude for decision-making, key activities of the Program Coordinator include:
- Promote the program to local colleges, universities and other outlets
- Maintain good candidate communication and coordination with the Facilities Manager
- Work with volunteers, instructors, members and Shop Leads to provide training opportunities for Awesomenauts to learn new skills.
- Assist Awesomenauts in identifying and pursuing areas of skills development of interest to them and match them with appropriate opportunities.
- Track hours worked by Awesomenauts to ensure weekly requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist Awesomenauts in maintaining a healthy schedule of work.
- Ensure assistance is provided to those who need it, and provide encouragement to those who may find certain areas of work to be intimidating.
- Participate from time to time in all-staff meetings, sharing updates, insights, and concerns from the program with the full Artisan’s team.
- Work with the Facilities and Shop Operations Manager to shape improvement and future development and direction of the program.
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume/CV to: email@example.com
Subject line: ATTN: Tom Vancor, Awesomenaut Volunteer Coordinator Position
This position will remain open until filled. References will not be contacted without permission of the applicant. No phone calls please.