Apply Now! Administration and Outreach Coordinator
Artisan’s Asylum is a 40,000 sf. fabrication wonderland in Somerville, Massachusetts. We provide studios and workshops to more than 400 members and make the skills and talents of our community accessible to the public by offering over 40 monthly classes, meetups and workshops. At any given time, our members are involved in research, experimentation and generation of new ideas in fine arts, crafts, the trades and engineering.
Artisan’s Asylum seeks an experienced, nimble team player to serve as an administrative backstop to our busy shops, education program and member services. The Administrative Coordinator plays an essential role in supporting Artisan’s Asylum’s day to day operations, internal and external communication, and customer service. The ideal candidate is a friendly, customer oriented professional with a healthy obsession for detail. A key success factor will be the Administrative Coordinator’s ability to juggle many competing interests and activities with diligence and grace.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. Compensation starts at $22.50 per hour. Hours are flexible and success in this role will require regularly scheduled weekly meetings and some nights and weekends work. Benefits include health insurance, Artisan’s membership and a $125/mo credit toward Artisan’s courses and services.
On a daily basis the Administrative Coordinator will field and route electronic communication, welcome and guide visitors to the appropriate parties, perform routine office tasks that include ordering supplies and maintaining employee and customer records. The ideal candidate will have the ability to analyze Artisan’s office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to administrative bottlenecks, answer questions and problem solve with others, and take part in financial planning, marketing and event decision making.
Success as an Administrative Coordinator at Artisan’s Asylum requires attentive support for members, volunteers and staff as well as external parties such as visitors, community partners and vendors. The Administrative Coordinator will be an important ally to Artisan’s valued Deskies, our all volunteer front-of-house docent corps. This includes timely response to questions, providing administrative support, managing quarterly meetings and facilitating recognition and rewards.
- Onboard, orient and train new members of staff and volunteers; provide coordinating support for new member orientations.
- Place orders and manage record keeping of supplies including Artisan’s shops, general office and facility supplies, and our Snack Emporium.
- Work with the Education Manager to provide accurate semi-monthly payroll reports to Artisan’s payroll company.
- Maintain employee, financial, and client records, and data entry and reporting for 1099 instructors.
- Support staff and members (including temporary projects) by facilitating meetings and interaction between internal and external parties and teams.
- Ensure that the front office is well-maintained, organized, and generally secure.
- Assist with special projects, such as process improvements, budget development.
- Support internal and external communication by preparing bi-weekly and monthly communication using Mailchimp and internal announcement lists.
- Organize, promote and manage monthly on-site events such as an artists’ speaker series, social hours and public workshops.
Requirements for this position include:
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support field
- Professional and courteous manner including phone and email etiquette
- Facility with office tools such as Google, Mailchimp, and Facebook Business
- Comfort with public speaking and solid visual and oral presentation skills
- Excellent task and time management skills.
- Good math skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
Desirable attributes for this position include:
- Excellent written communication
- Creative and experimental, willingness to take risks
- Natural people person, willing to assert leadershipData curious and detail-oriented
- Facility with a DSLR
- Natural online social presence
- Willingness to learn and stretch in a role
- You know how to make something!
How To Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV and the names of two (2) relevant references to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Administration and Outreach Coordinator Position
This position will remain open until filled. References will not be contacted without permission of the applicant. No phone calls please.